Jun 19, 2009

Splurge or Save: MAC Prep + Prime VS AVON Magix

I love MAC Prep + Prime under my foundation, it has revolutionized my makeup! I was amazed that I had gone so long without using a primer of this caliber before. I used smashbox photo finish before but it wasn't love, just a strong like. I hate the price of prep+prime, hands down!  Always looking to save a few bucks, I found this in my moms stash (thanks mom) and she gave it to me. Its consistency leaves a little to be desired because its powdery and can ball up on your face if you rub on too much or don't let your lotion dry first. Final outcome is pretty similar to prep+prime but just the avon version. I have a hard time saying if you should splurge or save your money on this one. My heart is torn, I love MAC and I am not particularly fond of the powdery feel and balls of product on my face. In Avons defense it does make my makeup last longer than no primer at all and it is inexpensive ($8) Final Verdict: SAVE!!! just let your face lotion dry real good before you put this on and then let this dry before you put foundation on. Just wanted all you beauty cheapskates know that this is an option:) decide for yourself, whatever you do let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. I must say, Avon had some real deals on makeup in the clearance section!I haven't had good makeup in a long time due to economics but it was to time for me to put some money aside get on the internet and find some deals on makeup-I have had enough of crappy dollar store makeup.
    I bought my foundation and powder when MAC had the 25% off sale and if you spend $60.00 u get free shipping.My roommate and I went in half on that deal,so we saved 25% and got free ship..Now since I have new make up I wanted to get the rest of the items I needed so I searched around and someone recommended AVON. I have not even thought about AVON for years I always thought they were to high and for a couple of extra bucks I could get the department store makeup-Boy was I wrong
    I went on the clearance website,they had mascara for $1.99 mineral wear for 5 bucks and eyeliners 2 for 6,you cant even go to the grocery store and get prices like that. If you spend 30 you get free ship or the regular ship price only runs you 3.00!
    With the recession and all it is nice to know you can still buy some decent quality make up for a very fair price.




    This is what I got for $30 dollars plus tax:


    2 eyeliners
    1 mineral blush
    1 mineral eyeshadow
    1 eye shadow brush (2.99)
    1 eye brow liner
    1 liquid liner
    1 plumper lip gloss
    1 lip liner
    1 mascara

    MY GRAND TOTAL: $33.23



    I also found out to late that AVON gives a 6% rebate at MR.REBATE,I could of saved 2 more dollars on my order!

    good luck finding those deals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been looking for an inexpensive primer. I will definitely give this one a shot. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always go for what you know works best!

    ReplyDelete